Dermal Skin Needling, or Microneedling is a method that some dermatologists use to treat different skin conditions. The technique involves using multiple tiny, sterile needles to puncture the skin and cause physical trauma.
This trauma prompts the dermis a deeper layer of skin, to rebuild.
Microneedling may help address many skin-related complaints, related complaints including:
Dermal skin needling is effectively used for:
- Reducing scars (including hypertrophic scars) caused by acne, surgery or thermal burns (scars need to be more than 6 months old)
- Fading stretch marks
- Reducing fine lines and deep wrinkles, dull skin tones and enlarged pores
- Dyspigmentation e.g in melasma or from sun damage
- Enlarged pores – skin texture and rejuvenation
- Treating Naso-labial lines and smokers lines
- Tightening sagging skin, rejuvenation of hands, neck and décolletage
What is our SkinPen?
SkinPen is the only needling device recognised by the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods and can only be administered by medical practitioners, ensuring the highest class of sterility and depth precision. Compared to other needling treatments, SkinPen is safer, producing more dramatic results, with less downtime.
What are the benefits of SkinPen?
- Stimulates cell multiplication and collagen remodelling.
- Pigmentation, melasma or age spots.
- Breaks down scar tissue to repair acne scarring or surgical scars.
- Pigmentation and discolouration.
- The treatment can be performed at different depths to target specific problem areas.
- Minimal downtime required after the treatment compared to other rejuvenation treatments.
- As SkinPen does not use any active ingredients or laser/light therapy, it is a recommended treatment for sensitive skins, darker skin tones and acne.
How many SkinPen Treatments will I need?
What happens during my SkinPen Treatment?
During Treatment At your SkinPen appointment:
Our health Proffesional moves the SkinPen hand-piece around the face, gently stamping the skin to stimulate cell production and skin repair.
Is SkinPen painful?
What can I expect after my SkinPen treatment?
What precautions should I take Pre and Post treatment
- Strenuous exercise
- Consumption of alcohol
- Extended exposure to sun or uv light
- Extended exposure to heat or freezing temperatures
We always recommend the use of sunscreen to prevent sun damage to the skin. Sunscreen with SPF 30 or above should be used daily. If you are under the sun for prolonged periods of time, sunscreen needs to be reapplied at least once every two hours.
Am I a suitable candidate for Skin Needling?
- Where you have any suspicious looking skin blemishes or moles without a letter of consent from your medical practitioner or skin cancer specialist.
- Within 2 weeks of you having an injectable dermal filler or botox.
- Never performed on raised moles, warts or lesions.
- If you have a medical history of auto immune disorder.
- Whilst taking certain medications (some medications may reduce healing time.)
- If you are suffering active herpes or a severe acne breakout; however, once resolved, the treatment can go ahead after a period of 2 weeks has elapsed.
Whilst we have seen amazing results from this treatment, please know that results vary and we cannot make guarantees. We recommend coming and speaking to our health professionals for a consultation. They will discuss in detail how the treatment works, whether it will be right for your skin type and the expected results in line with your skin goals. BACK TO TOP