- Darkening of pigmented areas is normal. A fine dry crust/scale or form on the skin after a few days. This will take around 7 to 14 days to flake off. Do not pick or scratch the scale. It may feel itchy at times. A basic moisturiser can be used to alleviate this.
- Avoid rough handling of the treated area.
- Any skin responses are temporary and will subside.
- The treated area can be wet, warm and bumpy for up to 24 hours after treatment. If skin is uncomfortable you can cool the area with a cold facial towel. Apply the aftercare provided. If you have any concerns, please contact your laser/Pulsed light clinician.
- Try to use cleansing products that have been developed for sensitive skin for 2 days after treatment. Be gentle when drying or rubbing the treated area.
- Use sunblock (min SPF 30+) on your face and consider using protective cotton gloves for driving and a hat to protect facial areas.
- Swelling can sometimes occur and usually subsides within 24 to 48 hours. In rare cases, swelling and puffiness can last several days.
- Bruising can sometimes occur on the treated area, especially when small vascular imperfections are being targeted. If bruising does occur, it will heal normally and fade within a few days.
For after hours concerns, please contact your local GP after hours for further assistance.