Pre Treatment Preparation
- Shave the treatment area within 12 hours of your appointment.
- We cannot treat you if you have sunburn or any type of tan (including natural, solarium or spray) on the treatment area.
- Do not wax or pluck the treatment area within 2 weeks of the treatment.
- Do not use Retinol (topical Vitamin A) or Hydroquinone (whitening creams) within 3 days of treatment.
- Do not shave for 48 to 72 hours after treatment. Do not pluck, tweeze, thread or wax hair that has been treated today. This will help reduce any chances of a mild infection in the damaged follicle. The hairs will drop out naturally over the following days and weeks. Please note that hair re-growth occurs at different rates on different areas of the body. You can shave between treatments at the clinic.
- Do not use bleaching creams or perfumed products for 24 to 48 hours, and if possible, avoid waxing as this removes the base of the hair that we are targeting with the laser IPL machine.
- The area treated may be red, warm and bumpy for up to 24 hours after treatment. If skin is uncomfortable or itchy, you can cool the area with a cold facial towel. Apply the after-care recommended. If you have any concerns, please contact your laser/Pulsed light clinician.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing. Keep the area clean and dry.
- Resume use of deodorant/antiperspirants after 24 hours. (if underarms after treated)
For after hours concerns, please contact your local GP after hours for further assistance.