- Avoid excessive heat for 12 hours. This includes exercise, saunas and hot showers.
- Do not expose skin to UV light (sun exposure or the use of tanning beds) for the duration of your treatment program, as actively tanned skin cannot be treated. You must wait at least 4 weeks (and possibly up to 6) after sun tanning to have another treatment.
- Use sunblock (min SPF 30+) on the treated exposed areas and a hat if suitable.
- Do not use any self tan products on the treatment areas for at least three days after your laser IPL treatment and at least two weeks before your next treatment.
- Avoid swimming and strong chlorinated water, and any exfoliating or peels for one week.
- Avoid physical exercise or sports for 24 to 48 hours. (also alcohol and hot spicy food if possible)
- Always contact your Laser/Pulsed light clinician if you have any concerns or questions.
For after hours concerns, please contact your local GP after hours for further assistance.